Planning is a huge part of my life, and as a nanny, it is pretty much impossible to do so. I try to plan out my week in my Sugar Paper planner every Sunday but find myself crossing things out and adding things in as the week goes on. A play date here, a tutoring session there, something always comes up. The one thing I can plan, and stick to by my own motivation, is my workout plan. In December I let everything go and ate all the Christmas cookies and comforting dinners that I wanted. Now that it is 14 days into January, I finally have myself back on track. Here is what I do, each week:
Monday: BodyPump at The Edge Fitness Clubs in Trumbull, 5:30-6:30pm. Shoutout to the Edge for finally regulating their classes, and making them all equal by incorporating a program called LesMills. No more not knowing what to expect from each class or instructor. The classes are pretty hard but that is what gets results!
Tuesday: Walk/Run on the treadmill for one hour. This is easily the most boring aspect of my workout week, so sometimes I bring my iPad Mini and watch Netflix while I walk.
Wednesday: Rest Day, because I have class at SCSU.
Thursday: BodyPump at The Edge Fitness Clubs in Fairfield, 5:30-6:30pm
Friday: Hot Yoga at Kaia Yoga in Westport, 5:15-6:15pm
Sunday: Rest Day or Hot Yoga if I feel like it
Sometimes, obstacles block this routine and I don’t always get to perfectly execute it. For example, this past Monday I drove to the gym for BodyPump without my sneakers, and had to go home to get them. By the time I got back to the gym, I was too late to get a spot in class and had to work myself out, which honestly sucked. It’s not always perfect but it is something that is in my control. What I have learned along the way is that the best way to plan is to be prepared, and therefore I keep my Lululemon gym bag constantly packed with my workout essentials.
In My Gym Bag:
- Wireless Beats Solo 3 in Rose Gold, these are the best to cancel out the terrible gym music and they let you move freely without wires.
- Evian Facial Spray, this is so nice to douse all over your sweaty face post-workout.
- Hand Sanitizer & Lotion from Bath & Body Works
- Full-Face Makeup Pallette, just in case I need it for after!
- Lululemon ‘Inspire’ leggings, these have been my favorite leggings since high school. They stay up, don’t lose shape, are not see-through, and wick away sweat, all while being insanely comfortable.
- Lululemon ‘Tata Tamer’ Sports Bra
- Nike Sneakers
- Old Navy Active Socks
- Victoria’s Secret Seamless, the absolute most comfortable underwear for working out, especially on the bike at SoulCycle or at yoga!
So pack your bag, and get into your routine! It is so important to do things for yourself and encourage yourself to be better, and sticking to routines are a great way to get it done 🙂